Monday, June 20, 2011

The Alley

Kids Bowl Free is a national campaign designed by local bowling alleys across the country in an effort for them to give back to the community and provide kids a fun, safe environment to spend some time during the summer months. Each registered child receives vouchers for two free bowling games every day, all summer long.  The only one participating near us is the old bowling alley across from NC State, but it is awesome!  Three moms showed up with our seven kids about 15 minutes before they're regularly open.  He not only let us in, but looked genuinely excited that we were all there and ready to bowl!  They were super friendly and went out of their way to help us make sure the kids had a good experience... setting up the bumpers for us, telling us where the light-weight balls were, telling us about the ramp for them to push the ball, etc.  All you have to pay for are shoes (whether your child wears them or not, FYI... ask how I know that!) and parking - which is $1 per hour on the street.  I found rock star parking today and managed to parallel park my big @$$ SUV into a pretty tight space - I was proud of myself.  So proud in fact that I texted my husband to brag about it.  I'm sure that's what he cared about in the middle of his work day!  Anyway, what you really came to see - the pictures!


One of our sweet friends, showing the boys how it's really done!

Brayden is ready to go!

Watching Kate pick up and carry the ball is pretty comical - it is a fifth of her total body weight, after all.  How easy could I carry a ball that's 25 pounds?  Oh weight - I do - her name is Kate and she is a ball full of energy :)

Oldies but goodies

How cute does she look in her plaid shorts and bowling shoes?!

Little Z, blowing his ball down the lane!

This was the only picture I got of this funny boy - every other shot, he was behind his sisters or his mom!

Bowling is better with sparkle shoes on!

Once she figured it out, the concentration was pretty intense!

She had quite a few tries where she almost got a spare!

Trying to slow them down by making them stop for a picture... I tried to get sweet Caroline in there too so that we could have our three Kindergartners together.  Yeah, guess how fast the boys bolted?!

Big sister with the little brother hiding close behind!

Sleepy girl

Cutie patooties!

I love this smiley face!!

After bowling we loaded all the kids up and headed to Mellow Mushroom for lunch.  We had 3 tired mommas and seven tired kids... lunch was a little bit of a train wreck but we completely demolished the large cheese pizza on our table!  De-li-cious!  Thanks for the suggestion girls!  

No comments: